2020 Ford Explorer
|Configurable Daytime Running Lights||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dome/map lights in all three rows||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|First-row center floor console with wrapped armrest and storage bin||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Front and rear scuff plates embossed with EXPLORER||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Illuminated front scuff plates||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Integrated key fob||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lane Keeping System (includes Lane-Keeping Assist, Lane-Keeping Alert and Driver Alert)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Manual day/night rearview mirror||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Manual tilt/telescoping steering column||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Overhead console with dome/map lights and sunglasses holder||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Passenger-assist grab handles (1 at front-passenger seat, 2 in second-row)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Power door Locks||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Power windows, with 1-touch-up-and-down driver/passenger window||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Rear view camera with washer||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Remote Start System||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Reverse Sensing System||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Power tilt/telescoping steering column||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|12V Powerpoints, 3 total (1 first-row, 1 second-row and 1 cargo area)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Heated steering wheel||No||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Twin-panel moonroof||No||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)||Yes|
|Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror||No||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|First and second-row floor mats with unique badging||No||Yes (optional)||No||Yes||
Yes (brunello stitching)
|Dual second-row smart charging USB ports||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Voice-Activated Navigation System||No||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Second-row 40/20/40 split-fold-flat bench seat||Yes||Yes (optional)||No||No||Yes (optional)|
|Third-row 50/50 split-fold bench seat, manual||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Cloth seating surfaces||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|ActiveX seating material||No||Yes (optional)||No||No||No|
|Second-row captain seats with Power-Assist Fold||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pass-through second-row console||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Steering wheel, Heated, leather-wrapped with paddle shifters||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Universal Garage Door Opener||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Scuff plates – Front and Rear with bright inserts||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Available Wireless Charging||No||No||Yes(optional)||Yes||Yes|
|B&O Sound system (12 Speaker)||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Leather seating surfaces with micro-perforation and accent stitching||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Second-row armrest and dual cupholders, heated outboard seats||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Second-row heated captain seats||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|PowerFold® third row||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Forward Sensing System||No||No||Yes||yES||Yes|
|Active Park Assist 2.0||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Floor Mats||No||Yes (optional)||No||Yes||
Yes (black carpet with brunello stitching)
|B&O Sound system (14 Speaker)||No||No||No||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)|
|Auto High Beams||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Headlamps – Autolamp On/Off, LED Low and High Beams with Courtesy Delay||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Body-color liftgate spoiler||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Black mesh insert with chrome bars||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Headlamps – Autolamp Auto On/Off, LED Low Beams, Halogen Reflector High Beams||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Liftgate Appliqué – chrome||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mirrors, Sideview – Power Glass, Manual-Folding and Black Molded-in-Color Caps||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Rear Bumper Step pad||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Privacy Glass, Second, Third row and liftgate||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|LED Signature Lighting||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Roof rack side rails, black with black end caps||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Chrome bodyside cladding accent||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|LED Fog Lamps||No||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Rain-Sensing Wipers||No||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Acoustic-laminate windows glass front row side||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mirrors, Sideview – Power-Folding with Autofold, Power and Heated Glass, LED Turn Signal Indicators, Security Approach Lamps, Driver/Passenger Side Memory and Gloss Black Caps||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Quad Chrome Exhaust Tips||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|EXPLORER badge on hood||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|ST projection lamps,||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|LED taillamps with unique blackout treatment||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Satin Aluminum Lower bodyside cladding accent||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Front Passenger and Driver Knee Airbag||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Safety Canopy® System||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SOS Post-Crash Alert System||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (ITPMS)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Remote keyless/illuminated entry||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Trailer Tow Package – Class III||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes|
|Equipment Group 100A||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)||No||No||No|
|Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+||No||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Comfort Package||No||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Equipment Group 200A||No||Yes (optional)||No||No||No|
|Equipment Group 202A||No||Yes (optional)||No||No||No|
Equipment Group 300A
Equipment group 310A
|Premium Technology Package||No||No||No||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)|
|Equipment Group 400A||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|Equipment Group 600A||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Trailer sway control||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Terrain Management System||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|10-Speed Automatic Transmission with Selectshift||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Intelligent 4WD||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)||Yes (optional)||Yes||Yes|
|Wheel||18″ painted aluminium||18″ Five-Spoke Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum / 20″ polished aluminum||20″ polished aluminum||20″ machined aluminum / 21″ aluminum wheels||
20″ bright machined-face aluminum / 21″ premium aluminum
|Tires||P255/65R18 All-season BSW||P255/65R18 All-season BSW||Self-Sealing P255/55R20 All-Season Tires||Self-Sealing P255/55R20 All-Season Tires||
Self-Sealing P255/55R20 All-Season Tires
|Engine||2.3L EcoBoost Engine (300 HP)||2.3L EcoBoost Engine (300 HP)||2.3L EcoBoost Engine (300 HP) / 3.3L Hybrid Engine (318 HP) / Hybrid Powertrain||3.0L EcoBoost (400 HP, only for the ST)||
3.0L EcoBoost (360 HP, Platinum)
Key Points About The Differences Between the 2020 Ford Explorer Trims And Their Features:
1. The Base and XLT models feature Manual tilt/telescopic steering while the limited, ST, and platinum trims have Power tilt/telescoping steering.
2. All trims except the base model feature 12V power points
3. The twin panel moonroof is available on all trims except the base trim and on the platinum, it comes as standard while for the other trims you will have to pay for it as an add on.
4. USB ports are available on all trims except base
5. Captains seats are available on all trims except base
6. Heated steering wheel with paddle shifters are only available on limited, st and platinum
7. Wireless charging is available on all trims except base and XLT
8. The 14 speaker sound system is available as an option only for the ST and platinum while the 12 speaker comes as standard on the limited, st and platinum
9. Leather seating is only available on limited, st and platinum and comes as standard
10. Second row captains seats come as standard on all trims except base. Also other than XLT, the other trims get heated captains seats.
11. Perimeter alarm and Securicode are available on all trims except Base.
12. The ST is the most powerful Explorer with 400 HP with the platinum coming in second at 360 HP
13. The ST and Platinum feature 4WD while the other trims feature rear-wheel drive. However 4WD is available on the other trims for an extra $2000
14. SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad: With this feature, you can set a code to unlock your car, so that you don’t have to carry your keys with you like if you are going to the beach for a run. The keypad is located on the b pillar. Other things you can do with securicode are arm and disarm the anti-theft alarm and recall saved seat and mirror positions.
15. Ford Co-Pilot 360: The Ford C0-Pilot 360 system includes the following
• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System)
• Rear View Camera
• Lane-Keeping System
• Automatic Emergency Braking
• Auto High-Beam Headlamps
16. Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+ :
With the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+, you get the following apart from the standard features on the base Ford Co-Pilot360,
• Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering, and Speed Sign Recognition
• Evasive Steering Assist
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, SiriusXM® Traffic, and Travel Link
17. Class III Trailer Tow Package:
With the Class III Trailer Tow Package, you get a Class III frame-mounted hitch, trailer connectors, engine oil cooler, and cargo management system. With this package the ST and Platinum can tow up to 5,600 lbs., the XLT up to 5,300 lbs. and the Limited Hybrid up to 5,000 lbs. when properly equipped.
The 2020 Kia telluride comes in four trim levels, LX, S, EX and SX with each trim level in general building upon the features of the previous one. In this article, I have listed the configurations of each trim level and what other features and packages they come with. All trim levels of the 2020 Telluride feature a 291-horsepower, 3.8L Lambda II gasoline V6 engine with an 8 speed automatic transmission. Also front wheel drive comes as standard across all trims but you can get all wheel drive for an extra $2000.
2020 Kia Telluride LX:
The LX trim of the Kia Telluride comes with
1. 6 Speakers – Four in-door speakers and two dash-mounted tweeters,
2. 18-inch Alloy Wheels with a painted finish,
3. 3.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Trip Computer,
4. 60/40 Split-Folding 2nd-Row Seats,
5. 8.0-inch Touch-Screen Display,
6. 8-Passenger Seating
7. Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
8. Android Auto
9. Apple CarPlay®,
11.Driver Attention Warning (DAW) – This system analyses the steering angle, steering torque, the car’s position in the lane and driving time to issue a message and an
alert if it senses that the driver is fatigued or driving recklessly.
12. Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) w/ Auto-Hold
13. Electronic Stability Control (ESC) – This feature applies brakes to individual wheels to prevent the car from changing heading too quickly and spinning out of control
14. Heated Outside Mirrors w/ LED Turn Signal Indicators
15. Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS)
16. Dual Level Cargo Floor,
17. Forward Collision Avoidance (FCA), w/ Pedestrian Detection,
18. Forward Collision Warning : The forward collision warning and forward collision avoidance assist actually work together, the FCW lets you know if you are about to crash into the vehicle in front of you with audio and visual signals and the FCA engages automatic braking if you fail to react and brings the car to a halt.
19. Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
20. Lane Following Assist (LFA)
21. Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
22. One-Touch Sliding & Folding 2nd-Row Seats
23. Parking Distance Warning – Reverse (PDW-R)
24. Positioning Lights, LED
25. Power Door Locks with Speed-Sensing Lock and Impact Sensing Unlock: All doors will automatically lock after the telluride exceeds 10 mph and will unlock when an impact causes the airbags to deploy.
26. Power Windows with 1st and 2nd-Row One-Touch Auto-Up/Down
27. Privacy Glass
28. Projector Beam Headlights – Keep in mind that the IIHS gave an acceptable rating to the headlights on the SX trim of the telluride and a poor rating on the LX, EX and S trims.
29. Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) – prevents the vehicle from crashing into other vehicles or people approaching from the side when the driver engages the vehicle in reverse by warning the driver and controlling the vehicle’s braking.
30. Rear Occupant Alert (ROA) – This feature uses sensors to detect movement in the car and alerts the driver that an occupant has been left in the car
31. Rear Passenger Air Conditioning w/ Controls
32. Rear View Monitor w/ Dynamic Parking Guidance
33. Rollover Sensor – This sensor can detect a rollover and in such an event deploy the side airbags, side curtain airbags, and seat-belt pretensioners.
34. SOFINO Leatherette Seat Trim – This is known to be more durable than real leather and people in general cant tell the difference between sofino leatherette and real leather.
35. Safe Exit Assist (SEA) – This feature will prevent you from disabling the child safety lock if you attempt to disable it when there is a vehicle approaching from behind
36. Shark Fin Antenna
37. Side Curtain Airbags (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Rows)
38. Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop and Go (SCC) – With stop and go enabled, the car will automatically stop and move forward in traffic provided the car in front has come to a stop for less than three seconds. If the car in front has stopped for more than three seconds, then you will have to use the accelerator pedal to restart the stop and go function.
39. Smart Key w/ Push-Button Start and Immobilizer
40. Solar Control Glass – This allows sunlight to enter the car while reflecting away a significant amount of the sun’s heat
41. Sound-Absorbing Windshield Glass
42. Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio, Hands-Free Phone, and Cruise Control Buttons
43. Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
44. Front and Rear Skid Plate,
45. High Line Tire-Pressure Monitoring System , – a high line system will let you know the tire pressure of each individual tire on the instrument cluster.
46. Hill Start Assist Control (HAC): This maintains the brake pressure on an incline so that the car does not roll back when you switch from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal),
47. Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH): These help hold car seats in place, IIHS has rated the latch system in the telluride to be acceptable.
48. One-Touch Sliding & Folding 2nd-Row Seats,
49. Parking Distance Warning – Reverse
50. Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio, Hands-Free Phone, and Cruise Control Buttons,
51. USB Charger Ports, 5 Total,
52. UVO Link: With Kia’s UVO Link, you can perform a number of actions like remotely turning on your aircon and setting climate control, remotely locking and unlocking your car from even miles away and also locate exactly where you parked your car. You can also lookup information like the VIN and diagnostic issues as well as maintenance details and safety recall issues. There are four subscription options for UVO LInk – Lite, Care, Plus, and Ultimate. The lite option is free for the first 5 years after which you will have to pay for one of the options which range in price from $9.99 to $29.99 / month.
53. Vehicle Stability Management (VSM): This helps the car stay stable while driving or braking on wet slippery roads by applying brakes to each of the four wheels and reducing engine power and keeping the vehicle in the direction that the steering wheel is pointed.
54. Tire Size: 245/60R18
55. Airbags: Driver’s Side Knee Airbag, Dual Front Advanced Airbags, Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags, Side Curtain Airbags (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Rows)
56. 12 V Power Outlets, 3 total
2020 Kia Telluride S Trim:
The S Trim has everything you will find the LX trim plus
1. 20-inch alloy wheels : These have a machine finish while the LX has 18 inch alloy wheels with a painted finish
2. Tire size of 245/50R20 : The LX trim has a tire size of 245/60R18.
3. 7 Seater Capacity: While the lx trim can seat 8 people, the S trim can seat 7 as a result of it featuring captains chairs for the 2nd row, and as a result the 2nd row seats are 50/50 split folding instead of 60/40.
4. Power sunroof – The sunroof is located above the first row.
5. Heated Front Seats,
6. Low Profile Roof Rails,
7. 10-Way Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat, w/ 2-Way Power lumbar support.
8. S8 passenger seating package: For an extra $100, this package gets you the 8 seater with 60/40 folding.
2020 Kia Telluride EX:
The EX trim has everything you will find in the S trim plus,
1. 10.25-inch Touch-Screen Display: The LX and S trims have an 8 inch display instead.
2. 18-inch Alloy Wheels with a machine finish: LX has 18-inch alloy wheels with painted finish while the the S trim has 20-inch alloys with machine finish.
3. 8 seater with 60/40 Split-Folding 2nd-Row Seats: Same as LX but the S has 50/50 seats
4. 8-Way Power-Adjustable Passenger’s Seat : The S trim does not have this as it only has a power adjustable driver seat and the LX has neither.
5. Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror,
6. Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control w/Auto De-Fog: This allows you to set a separate temperate for the driver and the passenger in the front row as they both have individual knobs to control their respective temperature settings
7. Driver Talk: This allows the driver to talk to passengers seated in the 3rd row via a mic.
8. Highway Driving Assist (HDA), – This feature maintains the speed set by the driver and keeps a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and keeps the vehicle in the center of the lane.
9. Integrated 2nd-Row Window Sunshades,
10. Leather Seat Trim,
11. Power-Folding Outside Mirrors
12. Quiet Mode – only the speakers in the front row will work and those in the 2nd and third rows are muted
13. Rear Combination Lights, LED
14. Rear Passenger Automatic Temperature Control
15. Smart Power Liftgate™ – This basically allows you to automatically open the boot by standing behind it for atleast 3 seconds while having the smart key in your hand or pocket.
16. Sound-Absorbing Front Window Glass – Keep in mind that the LX and S trims only have a sound absorbing windshield. The EX has both.
16. Tire Size: 245/60R18 – This is same as the LX but different from the S trim which has a 245/50R20 tire size.
17. USB Charger Ports, 6 Total – The LX and S Trim have 5 ports
18. Heated and Ventilated Front Seats – The S trim only has heated seats
19. Window Surround, Chrome
20. Wireless Phone Charger
21. Woodgrain Interior Accents
22. EX premium package: This costs around $1500 and will get you the 20 inch alloy wheels, captain’s chairs with 7 seater seating and low profile roof rails.
2020 Kia Telluride SX:
The Telluride SX trim has everything you will find in the EX trim plus the following:
1. 12-Way Power-Adjustable Driver’s Seat, w/ 2-Way Power Lumbar Support – The S and EX have a 10 way power adjustable driver’s seat. Of course the SX also has the 8 way power adjustable passenger seat which the EX has.
2. 20-inch Alloy Wheels with machine finish – The LX and EX have 18 inch alloys while the S Trim has 20 inch alloys
3. 50/50 Split-Folding 2nd-Row Seats – Same as the S trim while the LX and EX have 60/40 folding seats
4. 7-Passenger Seating w/ 2nd-Row Captain’s Chairs
5. Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/ HomeLink®
6. Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM) Using its cameras, Kia displays a camera view of the left or right blind spot on the instrument cluster when the left or right turn signals are activated so you can see if there mare vehicles to your left or right.
7. Door Handles, Body Color and Satin Chrome
8. Driver’s Seat Integrated Memory System (IMS) – This is used to memorize the seat position and outside rear view mirror position for up to two drivers.
9. Dual Sunroofs – There is one sunroof above the first row and one above the second row. The EX only has one sunroof.
10. Front Fog Lights, LED
11. Harman Kardon® 10-Speaker Premium Audio w/ Clari-Fi™, External Amplifier & Subwoofer – It isn’t exactly clear whether this is a 10 speaker or 12 speaker system, as telluride owners in Canada claim that they have a 12 speaker harman kardon system.
12. High Beam Assist (HBA) – This feature enables the car to automatically switch to low beam when there is a car ahead and then back to high beam when there isn’t one.
13. LED Projector Beam Headlights – As mentioned earlier, only the SX trim of the telluride was given an acceptable rating by the IIHS for its headlights.
14. Low Profile Roof Rails, Satin Chrome Finish
15. Parking Distance Warning – Forward (PDW-F) – All the other trims only have parking distance warning reverse.
16. Reverse Tilt-Down Outside Mirrors – This feature enables the mirrors to automatically tilt down to assist you when parking.
17. Stainless-Steel Door Sill Scuff Trim
18. Stainless-Steel Pedals
19. Supervision Meter Cluster w/ 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Color LCD Display
20. Surround View Monitor (SVM) – This feature gives you a top-down view of your car’s position relative to other vehicles around it using its various cameras, so if you are trying to maneuver out of a tight parking spot, you would have better visibility as you would be able to see any obstacles all around the car. You also have different options like you can select front+ surround view, front+left view, front+right view, or just front view. The same options apply to the rear camera. None of the other trims have this.
21. Tire Size: 245/50R20
22. SX Prestige Package: The SX prestige package will cost you around $2300 and for that, you get Automatic Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, Head-Up Display (HUD), Heated 2nd-Row Seats, Premium Headliner, Premium Nappa Leather Seat Trim, Ventilated 2nd-Row Seats, and a 110V Power Inverter.